Re: A stackable filesystem to trace low level filesystem operations

On Jan 3, 2012, at 7:03 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:

> Add your own trace points to the VFS and extract and filter them
> with trace-cmd.

Tracepoints are definitely the way to go, and I'd suggest moving this discussion to the fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list, and see if we can get a set of tracepoints that everyone would find useful and drop them into the VFS as standard tracepoints that people using SystemTap, or perf, or trace, other standardized tracing tools, can use.

Sushil, maybe you can learn about how tracepoints work and drive this effort?

Regards,

-- Ted