Re: Use of consistent types in e2fsprogs

> I'm not suggesting a global search & replace of "long long" or anything.
> However, the current mish-mash of int vs. long vs. dgrp_t for group numbers,
> __u64 vs blk64_t, etc doesn't make it clear when something is intentionally
> that type, or just happens to be working for now.  Having separate types
> for groups vs. physical blocks vs. logical blocks as we do in the kernel
> will improve the quality of the code itself, I think.
>
> Cheers, Andreas

I have to agree with Andreas here, types in e2fsprogs are not consistent
and I have encounter this several times, trying to decide which one is
the best, looking for examples, and finding different uses in different
parts of e2fsprogs tools. It is a mess. I think it is worth the core crunch
I someone is willing to do the job.

Thanks!
-Lukas