Re: [XFS Punch Hole 1/1] XFS Add Punch Hole Testing to FSX

On 5/3/2011 6:18 AM, Josef Bacik wrote:
On 05/02/2011 03:16 PM, Allison Henderson wrote:
This patch adds punch hole tests to the fsx
stress test. The test is performed through
the fallocate call by randomly choosing to
use the punch hole flag when running the
fallocate test. Regions that have
been punched out should contain zeros, so
the expected file contents buffer is updated
to contain zeros when a hole is punched out.

It doesn't look like you have anything to detect if the hole punching
failed to disable it, how does this behave on say btrfs where we don't
do hole punching yet? Thanks,

Josef

Hi there,

Oh it looks like I need to add a check for that. I was so busy using it to test ext4 that I forgot to put that in. Thx!

Allison Henderson