Re: Atomic file data replace API

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Ric Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I really think that you have missed the point of this list.
>
> This list is for either developers (those who have downloaded the free code
> and work on it) or others who want to move things forward concretely.

Maybe.

> Perfectly fine to contribute ideas, but if you are not a coder or do not
> have the time or inclination to work on things yourself, you have to be
> *really* convincing.
>
> We continually get bombarded with ideas, wish list items, etc so we are not
> lacking in work to do.

I understand.

> If you cannot explain the use case, you will not get any buy in...

I assumed that preserving file owner would be a normal feature and
would not require additional explanation.
One use case would be updating a file in a save way when you have
write access to that file but not to anything else.

Also, according to Ted, a lot of app devs get saving a file in a safe
way wrong. So I'm asking what the recommended way to do it is. Is that
strange?

Olaf