Re: [patch] fs: fix deadlocks in writeback_if_idle

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:34:07 -0500
Chris Mason <chris.mason@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For btrfs there's only one bdi per SB, but for most everyone else a disk
> with a bunch of partitions is going to have multiple filesystems on the
> same bdi.

um, please explain why that wasn't idiotic?  The BDI is a
representation of a backing device and it's *supposed* to provide
visibility into what's happening against other partitions on the same
device.  Creating a BDI per SB (it didn't even occur to me to think
that a filesystem was even able to do this) breaks that.