ext over RAID-[56]?

One of the program managers here asked me a question that I couldn't answer:

with ext[34] over a RAID-[56] volume, what protection against data
corruption
and loss of existing data does the file system provide for the case of an
incomplete update of the RAID "stripe"?

I know that anyone with any usable brain cells has their data server on a
nice
UPS, but not all customers are so equipped, and he's concerned about
corruption
during a power failure (loss of unwritten data is OK).

I can't see any configuration options that would help but I could easily be
missing something.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan Taylor
Sr. Staff Engineer