Re: Memory allocation failed, e2fsck: aborted

On Thu, Aug 19, 13:16, Ted Ts'o wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 03:10:17PM +0200, Andre Noll wrote:
> > Silly question: Would it be possible to simply mmap a large enough
> > file for the data and and use e.g. rbtrees for the lookups? If yes,
> > osl [1] could probably be an option. It's very simple but likely too
> > slow on inserts to be useful for e2fsprogs.
>
> As I recall, you're on a 32-bit machine, right?

Right.

> If so, a limitation you may run into is simply running out of address
> space.  If it's not an address space issue, we don't need to mmap
> anything; you could just try enabling swap, and use the existing
> e2fsck code.
>
> (I had assumed you had tried that before suggesting you use the
> scratch_files tdb approach....)

Yes, I added 50G of swap (which is of course kind of silly) before my
first posting. This did not help, so I guess it is an address space
issue. My question about mmap was about an alternative to tdb btw.

Thanks
Andre
--
The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe