Re: Ext3: batched discard support

On 07/09/2010 04:53 AM, Lukas Czerner wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Greg Freemyer wrote:

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Lukas Czerner<lczerner@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello again,

I have composed a set of patches to add batched discard support for Ext3 file
system. Functionality is basically the same as in "batched discard support
for Ext4" (see http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ext4/msg19827.html ).

There are two patches:

I'm inclined to review these, but before I do, I thought ext3 was
closed to patches like this.

Or is it still accepting more new functionality than I thought?

Greg

Hi, Greg

thanks for your interest ! Unfortunately it seems like you are right,
I was suspecting something like that. Anyway I am not the one who make
those decisions...so anyone ?

Thanks

-Lukas

Not sure how much we want to move into ext3, but I think that Jan is the person to make that call.

Discard support got stuck into several other file systems and would be useful for ext3.

Jan, Ted, what do you both think about these patches?

Thanks!

Ric