Re: raid is dangerous but that's secret (was Re: [patch] ext2/3: document conditions when reliable operation is possible)

also sprach Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@xxxxxxxxx> [2009.08.31.1949 +0200]:
> In the case of a degraded array, could the kernel be more
> proactive (or maybe even mdadm) and have the filesystem remount
> itself withOUT journalling enabled?  This seems on the surface to
> be possible, but I don't know the internal particulars that might
> prevent/allow it.

Why would I want to disable the filesystem journal in that case?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@xxx>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"i can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. there
 is something unfair about its use. it is hitting below the
 intellect."
                                                        -- oscar wilde