Re: >16TB issues

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Eric Sandeen<sandeen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> -  Immediately running e2fsck on the volume before ever mounting it
>> will not complete, and results in the following:
>> # e2fsck -n /dev/md2
>> e2fsck 1.41.7 (29-June-2009)
>> Error reading block 2435874816 (Attempt to read block from filesystem
>> resulted in short read).  Ignore error? no
>
> This is roughly halfway through the filesystem; the journal is roughly
> in the middle of the filesystem; this is just over 2^31 blocks.  I bet
> there are still ints or longs in the userspace journal code.  I'll take
> a look.

Thanks for looking into this.  That log message is from when I was
running a 32-bit kernel, and I was apparently running into page cache
index limitations.  That error went away when I switched to a x86_64
kernel, but there are still other errors, as posted in one of my more
recent messages.

-Justin