ext4 undeletion question

(First things first, please keep my cell phone -- mike-mobile@xxxxxxxxxx -- on the cc list, as I cannot easily read mail on my system since it is, more or less, crippled at the moment.)

Alright, so I have found myself in a troublesome situation. I had a directory which I accidentally deleted (instead of an identically-named directory in *another* directory) and I need to get it back; it was a version control repository directory and contains ~150 revisions of a project I have been working on this week. (Ironically, I was preparing to back it up today, heh.)

Anyway, is there _any_ means by which to recover files from an ext4 filesystem? The utils for ext2 filesystems don't work (not surprising), and I am wondering if there is a way to look for deleted files, knowing what their name was, and recover them if they are not yet overwritten. I have my home directory mounted read-only at this point so as to minimize the chance of the latter, and discovered my mistake nearly immediately so I hope that the data are still intact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  --- Mike