Re: Error testing ext3 on brd ramdisk

> > Jan's fixes are here:
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-ext4&m=123731584711382&w=2
> > It would be interesting to try them, and if they don't work maybe
> > he's also interested so I cc'ed him.

Hi,

thank you reppl. I re-run the tests with this patch.

> > > In both cases I saw some complains from JBD/JBD2:
> > >  JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on
>   Yes, my patches fix exactly this problem. So please try running with
> them. I'm not sure about that HTREE corruption you see during fsck. That
> seems to be a separate issue.
Unfortunately it looks like the problem is not fixed - JBD still complains
and in the end HTREE is getting damaged, in both ext3 and ext4 tests (see
attached logs).

Denis
Cycle 34
Fri Mar 20 08:06:06 EDT 2009
Mounting
[ 1128.228621] EXT3 FS on ram0, internal journal
[ 1128.232046] kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
[ 1128.238557] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Removing old fsstress data
Starting fsstress
Sleeping 30 seconds
seed = 1238324876
[ 1139.101289] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
[ 1139.116050] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
[ 1139.124125] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
[ 1140.100787] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
[ 1140.375989] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
[ 1141.313458] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
[ 1142.387028] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
[ 1142.668047] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0         [ 1143.035936] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
[ 1143.160422] JBD: Detected IO errors while flushing file data on ram0
Stopping fsstress
 3974 ttyS0    00:00:00 fsstress_ext3
 3977 ttyS0    00:00:20 fsstress_ext3
 3978 ttyS0    00:00:20 fsstress_ext3
 3979 ttyS0    00:00:20 fsstress_ext3
./brd_test_ext3.sh: line 37:  3974 Terminated              `pwd`/fsstress_ext3 -
d $TESTDIR/work -p 3 -l 0 -n 100000000
Unmounting
Checking
/dev/ram0: HTREE directory inode 42 has an invalid root node.                   HTREE INDEX CLEARED.
/dev/ram0: Entry 'c302b' in /work/p1/da (42) has an incorrect filetype (was 3, s
hould be 1).

/dev/ram0: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
        (i.e., without -a or -p options)

3# fsck /dev/ram0
fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
e2fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
/dev/ram0 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Entry 'c302b' in /work/p1/da (42) has an incorrect filetype (was 3, should be 1)
.
Fix<y>? yes

Entry 'd3699' in /work/p1/da (42) is a link to directory /work/p1/da/d18a/d3874/
d278f/d2401/d3e6a/d4380/d33e8/d2a30/d3ad4/d45f3 (968).
Clear<y>? yes

Entry 'd3ad4' in /work/p1/da/d18a/d3874/d278f/d2401/d3e6a/d4380/d33e8/d2a30 (192
) is a link to directory /work/p1/da/d207a (811).                               Clear<y>? yes

Entry 'd18a' in /work/p1/da (42) is a link to directory /work/p1/da/d18a (491).
Clear<y>? yes

Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
'..' in /work/p1/da/d207a (811) is /work/p1/da/d18a/d3874/d278f/d2401/d3e6a/d438
0/d33e8/d2a30 (192), should be /work/p1/da (42).
Fix<y>? yes

Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Inode 53 ref count is 1, should be 2.  Fix<y>? yes
Inode 67 ref count is 1, should be 2.  Fix<y>? yes

Inode 86 ref count is 3, should be 4.  Fix<y>? yes

Inode 945 ref count is 1, should be 2.  Fix<y>? yes

Inode 993 ref count is 7, should be 8.  Fix<y>? yes

Pass 5: Checking group summary information

/dev/ram0: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****                                 /dev/ram0: 1024/1024 files (18.4% non-contiguous), 4094/4096 blocks

Cycle 9
Fri Mar 20 08:18:28 EDT 2009
Mounting
[ 1870.516310] EXT4-fs: barriers enabled
[ 1870.520359] kjournald2 starting: pid 5729, dev ram1:8, commit interval 5 seco
nds
Removing old fss[ 1870.520396] EXT4 FS on ram1, internal journal on ram1:8
tress data
[ 1870.520399] EXT4-fs: delayed allocation enabled
[ 1870.520401] EXT4-fs: file extents enabled
[ 1870.520553] EXT4-fs: mballoc enabled
[ 1870.520556] EXT4-fs: mounted filesystem ram1 with ordered data mode
[ 1870.570047] JBD: barrier-based sync failed on ram1:8 - disabling barriers
Starting fsstress
Sleeping 30 seconds
seed = 1237467072
Stopping fsstress                                                                5732 ttyS0    00:00:00 fsstress_ext4
 5735 ttyS0    00:00:28 fsstress_ext4
 5736 ttyS0    00:00:28 fsstress_ext4
 5737 ttyS0    00:00:28 fsstress_ext4
./brd_test_ext4.sh: line 36:  5732 Terminated              `pwd`/fsstress_ext4 -
d $TESTDIR/work -p 3 -l 0 -n 100000000
Unmounting
[ 1901.751383] EXT4-fs: mballoc: 7905 blocks 4022 reqs (13 success)
[ 1901.757443] EXT4-fs: mballoc: 8495 extents scanned, 341 goal hits, 6 2^N hits
, 4 breaks, 38 lost
[ 1901.766253] EXT4-fs: mballoc: 1 generated and it took 2140
[ 1901.771755] EXT4-fs: mballoc: 18857 preallocated, 11619 discarded
Checking
/dev/ram1: HTREE directory inode 20 has an invalid root node.
HTREE INDEX CLEARED.
/dev/ram1: HTREE directory inode 40 has an invalid root node.
HTREE INDEX CLEARED.
/dev/ram1: Entry 'f15e2' in /work/p0/d5/db/d934 (20) has an incorrect filetype (
was 1, should be 3).

/dev/ram1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
        (i.e., without -a or -p options)
# fsck /dev/ram1
fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
e2fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
/dev/ram1 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Entry 'f15e2' in /work/p0/d5/db/d934 (20) has an incorrect filetype (was 1, shou
ld be 3).
Fix<y>? yes

Entry 'd51' in /work/p0/d5/db/d934 (20) is a link to directory /work/p0/d5/db/d9
34/d51 (110).                                                                   Clear<y>? yes

Entry 'd1cba' in /work/p0/d5/db/d934 (20) is a link to directory /work/p0/d5/db/
d934/d1cba (918).
Clear<y>? yes

Entry 'd17f8' in /work/p0/d5/db/d203c (40) is a link to directory /work/p0/d5/db
/d203c/d17f8 (392).
Clear<y>? yes

Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Inode 36 ref count is 2, should be 3.  Fix<y>? yes

Inode 37 ref count is 2, should be 3.  Fix<y>? yes

Inode 55 ref count is 2, should be 3.  Fix<y>? yes

Inode 655 ref count is 4, should be 5.  Fix<y>? yes
                                                                                Inode 1024 ref count is 4, should be 5.  Fix<y>? yes

Pass 5: Checking group summary information

/dev/ram1: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
/dev/ram1: 1024/1024 files (24.2% non-contiguous), 4096/4096 blocks