Re: Free blocks count wrong following shrink with resize2fs

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008, Theodore Tso wrote:
The net result is the blocks that should be released as being free
aren't, which is what causes the e2fsck errors, which can be easily
corrected.  It doesn't cause any other problems, though.

Aha, thanks for the explanation. I was just playing around with resize2fs, so no real data was at stake in this case anyway...

[    1.737198] EXT3-fs: hda1: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (240).
[    1.754302] EXT4-fs: barriers enabled

This is normal; the kernel simply tries to mount the filesystem using
ext3 first, so that the ext4 code only gets used for filesystems that

Ah, I see. When I disabled EXT3* in my .config, the kernel starts with EXT4 and the "error" goes away...

Btw, ext4 feels pretty neat already, with vanilla kernel and userland tools, no patches applied ...just like a *real* filesystem - great! :-)

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #259:

Someone's tie is caught in the printer, and if anything else gets printed, he'll be in it too.