Re: Test results for ext4

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Oh, also for completeness can you specify which xfsprogs you used?
There were some recent changes made which affect the fs geometry, and
might affect the results.  So it would be good to fully specify.
OK, to do. To be honest, I didn't update them recently.

Also why no fragmentation results for xfs or ext3?
I only forgot to do it.

But I didn't want to make a full comparaison of ext4 to xfs and ext3.
When testing the latest ext4 patch queue with a new kernel, I'd got
sometimes kernel crashes, or system hang, or bad performance.
Running the same tests on ext3 and xfs for which the code is more
stable I think gives me reference numbers for my tests.
In this way, I found in the past a problem in the IO scheduler.

   Valérie