Re: E2fsprogs git tree

Theodore Tso wrote:
What version of git are you using?  Make sure you are using something
which is at least git 1.5.x.

Thanks for your answer. I'm using an older version of git, 1.4.4.4.
I've never got any problem with it to download a linux kernel tree using an http URL, but I will update it.

The http walkers are *much* more inefficient.  I did try out git-clone
using the http URL's, and it works, but it's slow.  The other
possibility is that you have some kind of nasty http transparent proxy
which is corrupting the http protocol stream.  This is why the git
transport is seriously the much, much, MUCH better alternative.

Yes, we have an http proxy. No problem with it until now.
I will use the git protocol now as you advise me.
Thank you again,

   Valérie
-