Re: delayed allocatiou result in Oops

Mingming Cao wrote:
Hmm, PageMappedToDisk is probably not sufficient enough for pagesize!
=blocksize. Is that the reason we need page->private to pass the
request?

PageMappedToDisk isn't enough in that case, definitely. bh is the way
to track state of each block (this is what i'm implementing now), but
I think current nobh version (per-page flags are used) is valuable.

That's good to know, thanks for the update. So probably above error case
handling will be addressed in the new version?

well, you actually can move that SetPagePrivate() few lines above
(Dmitriy already tested this).

BTW, can you point me your latest and greatest mballoc patch? I am
trying to forward port and merge that patch to ext4 patch queue....

I don't have version for mainline yet. will prepare soon. thanks for
your interest.

thanks, Alex

-