Ext4 Patch Queue using stgit.

Hi All,

I was looking at ext4 patch queue and was wondering why we are putting .patch under git. If we are looking for a quilt like functionality, one can achieve the same using stgit. I was using stgit to maintain a set of
patches before. So if you look at

http://git.openssi.org/~kvaneesh/gitweb.cgi?p=ci-to-linus.git;a=summary

you will see the patches i was working on with linus tree as from-linus. Now to find out what changes were made to these patches during the development one can look at the tracking branch. In the above case the latest tracking branch was 2.6.20-rc1-ci-to-linus

http://git.openssi.org/~kvaneesh/gitweb.cgi?h=2.6.20-rc1-ci-to-linus;p=ci-to-linus.git;a=shortlog

Other tracking branches at different development stages can be found at
http://git.openssi.org/~kvaneesh/gitweb.cgi?p=ci-to-linus.git;a=heads

This make looking at the diff much easier. diff of .patch does seems to be useful.

Only problem i can think of is how multiple people will push to the same repo.

-aneesh

-