Re: [syzbot] [net?] unregister_netdevice: waiting for DEV to become free (8)

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 3:38 PM 'Ziqi Zhao' via syzkaller-bugs
<syzkaller-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm taking a look at this bug as part of the exercice for the Linux
> Kernel Bug Fixing Summer 2023 program. Thanks to the help from my

This is an interesting program. There are many kernel crashes on the
syzbot dashboard, which needs help.

> mentor, Ivan Orlov and Shuah Khan, I've already obtained a reproduction
> of the issue using the provided C reproducer, and I should be able to
> submit a patch by the end of this week to fix the highlighted error. If
> you have any information or suggestions, please feel free to reply to
> this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please carefully read the guidance of submitting patches to linux
kernel [1]. Be careful about your coding style before sending.

Note that, Syzbot has the feature: patch testing. You can upload and
test your own patch to confirm that your patch is working properly.

[1] https://docs.kernel.org/process/submitting-patches.html