Re: net: Export IGMP/MLD message validation code

Hi tpowa,

Thanks for your feedback.

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 02:46:27PM +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi,
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=9afd85c9e4552b276e2f4cfefd622bdeeffbbf26
>
> This commit introduces a weird behaviour on my dlna server.

Did you experience this on the released 4.2 kernel or on a 4.2 release
candidate?

> This commit was merged into 4.2 series, which makes my dlna services
> disappear real soon after starting from discovering from other clients.
> Localhost seems not to be affected but every external discovery is broken.
> The dlna services run on a bridge device. Mythtv and Minidlna both
> disappear after some minutes of running.
> Git bisect shows first commit as reason, trying now a 4.2 with those 3
> patches reverted:
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=a516993f0ac1694673412eb2d16a091eafa77d2a
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=fcba67c94abe83e0e69a65737000ccbb16a4fa03
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=9afd85c9e4552b276e2f4cfefd622bdeeffbbf26
>
> Do you need any more information to get this really weird bug fixed?

If you have this issue with the vanilla, released 4.2 kernel, then
a "tcpdump -i br0 'icmp6 or ip6 proto 0'" for about five minutes and
a "bridge mdb show" would be helpful.

Also which distros are the dlna server and dlna client running,
how are they connected?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> greetings
> tpowa