IPv6 UDP responses not transmitting

Looking for suggestions for next steps -

My linux wifi access point "bluepi" has two physical interfaces - wifi and eth0. Those are joined in a bridge called br0. br0 is auto-assigning itself two IPv6 "SLAAC" addresses - one address is based on eth0 mac and the other is based on wifi interface mac. I find it odd that it assigns two - one of which does not correspond to the MAC of br0. This is the address that has issues.

From another device on ethernet network I can ping6 both v6 addresses but SNMP queries to one of the addresses fail to see a response. Tcpdump on the access point shows that a response is "sent" but the response packet is not seen by the requestor.

Ipv6 SNMP requests originating from the *wifi* interface to the device's br0 are successful against both SLAAC addresses. So problem happens on ethernet side of the bridge. Perhaps flip flopping based on order of interfaces being added to bridge.

I have Arpwatch running on the same network and it tells me that bluepi (interface br0) tends to flip-flop it's mac when the device is rebooted sometimes. Not sure why.

What kernel component is responsible for the two v6 address assognments (as opposed to one)? I need to determine if this is a known issue or if I should report it somewhere (else).

Thanks

[Brad Hein]