Parsing /etc/network/interfaces

Hi,

When I configure a bunch of ports in access mode (with single native VLAN say 100) and associate them to a Bridge I don’t see any way the system can find out what the VLAN ID is used by these ports after a restart.

For such configuration /etc/network/interfaces may have something like:

Auto swp1

Iface swp1 inet manual

Auto swp1

Iface swp2 inet manual

Auto bridge-primary

Iface bridge-primary inet manual

      Bridge_ports swp1 swp2

The command I used to associate VLAN 100 with swp1 and swp2 were

ip link add link swp1 type vlan id 100

ip link add link swp2 type vlan id 100

Are these commands at all required? If not it again raises the same question as just by reading contents of /etc/network/interfaces how does brctl know which port belongs to which native VLAN?

Nowhere did I mention which VLAN are tied to these ports. I did not keep the bridge name also contain the VLAN ID (I could name it anything, right?).

I am confused because without the knowledge that native VLAN of swp1 and swp2 is 100 how can we maintain such associations across reboots?

Thanks and regards,

Rohan Sen