Linux Bridge issue with veth pairs

Hi,

I have created two veth pairs using fedora19.

Firstpair: qeth0, qeth1

Secondpair: reth0, reth1

The commands used were

ip link add qeth0 type veth peer name qeth1

ip link add reth0 type veth peer name reth1

I have verified that whatever I write to qeth0, appears on qeth1 (and vice versa). And whatever I write to reth0, appears on reth1 (and viceversa)

Now I create a linux bridge called ‘mylinuxbridge’

brctl addbr mylinuxbridge

I add qeth0 as one of the interfaces to the above bridge. I also add reth0 to the above bridge.

brctl addif mylinuxbridge qeth0

brctl addif mylinuxbridge reth0

Ofcourse I do an ifconfig up of all the interfaces and the bridge.

So we have something like this –

qeth1----qeth0---mylinuxbridge---reth0----reth1

Now I write something on qeth1, I see using tcpdump that the packet arrives on qeth0.

Now I expect the linux bridge to pass on the packet to reth0, but I don’t get anything at reth0 (and consequently nothing at reth1)

Can somebody tell me where I am going wrong

Regards

-Prashant

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.