setfd

I have a bridge working between a wired Ethernet and a Wifi interface.
However, it takes 80 seconds before it actually starts passing data.  I
tried to reduce this learning delay by minimizing the forwarding delay:

 brctl setfd br0 0

But the above has zero effect on the 80 second delay before participation.
I have tried with both STP on and off, and there is no difference.  What am
I doing wrong?

Also, how can I get the current setting of forwarding delay and other
bridge parameters that the brctl utility allows me to set?  Why doesn't the
brctl utility have a 'get' corollary for each 'set' command?  For example,
I would like to see a 'getfd' command added to the brctl utility.

Thanks,
-Chris

--
| Christopher Cole, Cole Design and Development, LLC          cole@xxxxxxxxxx |