R: IGMP snooping not filtering multicast messages

As suggested by Herbert Xu (we exchanged a few private emails), I did a few
tests on a simpler network scenario, with a three hosts setup like this:

A       e1      B       e2      C

where e1/e2 are ports on B. e1 and e2 are bridged, and there is hence just one
bridge in the network.
Here, I have done the following actions:
1) Setup a listener on A.
When I do this, an IGMP report is generated by A and seen on node B.
2) Send some multicast packets to the group subscribed by A from B
In this case, I get that multicast packets are seen by A but not by C. So, B
is properly filtering the multicast messages, as expected.
I have also tried a few variations of this test:
-starting the listener on C, and I get that multicast messages are not
received by A (maybe this is a too trivial test!)
-changing the order in which the listener and the multicast source are
started: I get that multicast messages are initially flooded (both A and B
receive the messages), up to the point in which the listener starts on A, and C
does not receive the messages anymore
-setting the multicast_router flag to 0 -> no effect, IGMP snooping works as
in the original test
-setting the multicast_snooping flag to 0 -> multicast messages are received
on A and C (as expected).

I have also tested a scenario with 4 nodes

A       eb1      B       eb2      ec1      C       ec2       D

where eb1/eb2 are ports on B, ec1/ec2 are ports on C. eb1/eb2 are bridged
together as well as ec1/ec2, so there are now two bridges in the network, on
node B and on node C.
I have repeated the same test on the 3 nodes scenario, i.e.,
1) setup a listener on A
The IGMP report generated by A is seen on B and C (not on D)
2) Send some multicast packets to the group subscribed by A from B
Multicast messages are seen on A and C, not on D.
Is this correct? I would expect messages just on A, not on C. I have also
repeated the test with the multicast_router flag set to 0, but I get the same
behaviour.

IGMP