IGMP snooping not filtering multicast messages

Hi. I have a partial mesh network composed by Linux nodes. Each linux node may
have up to 4 ethernet interfaces, which are exploited to create point-to-point
connections with other linux nodes. I have bridged the ethernet interfaces in
each node, so that the whole network, which is physically composed by a set of
network segments, appears as a single layer-2 domain. I have enabled spanning
tree to avoid loops. In this scenario, I would like to exploit the IGMP
snooping functionality, but it seems that it is not working properly. I am
using iperf to set a multicast source (iperf client) and a few multicast sinks
in the network (iperf servers). I am using tcpdump, instead, to check where
multicast messages are received. What I notice is that there is apparently no
filtering of the multicast messages, that are always flooded in the network. I
tried to repeat the test varying the multicast address (paying attention not to
get reserved addresses), with and without multicast clients set, with the
multicast_router option set to 1 (default) and to 0. To double check that IGMP
is working, I have also tried to disable it; the only difference I see is that
tcpdump does not show IGMP query messages when the IGMP snooping is disabled.
So, I am wondering if the IGMP snooping implementation currently available can
deal with my scenario. In particular, I would stress the following points that
I think might be relevant:
-I have no multicast router in my network (it looks like a single stand-alone
lan)
-Each node acts as a bridge, so I have multiple bridges in my network,
connected each other.
Any idea would be greatly appreciated!

Massimiliano