Re: bridging problem

Le 27/03/2011 15:23, Mauro Condarelli a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a small home-office network built like this:
>

> Internet
> Firewall(192.169.1.254) GREEN ---+-----------+----------+-----
> (192.168.56.254)                 |           |          |
> DMZ                        (192.168.1.5)    PC1        PC2
>   |                            Server
> WebServer                  (192.168.2.254)
>                                 WLAN
>                                   +-----------+----------+-----
>                                   |           |          |
>                                  PCa         PCb        PCc
>
> Firewall is DHCP and DNS server for everyone else.
> Firewall is default gateway for everybody.
> This arrangement works but requires a static route on firewall and, for
> machines on WLAN to talk with wired ones (and vice versa) requires going
> to firewall and back.
>
> Is there some way to bridge together the two LANs (GREEN and WLAN) so
> they can act as a single subnet (192.168.1.0/24)?
>
> I tried some configurations, but they simply didn't work and I know too
> little about bridging to troubleshot them.

Hi Mauro,

The ability to bridge between LAN and WLAN depends on the particular WLAN NIC you use.

See
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/bridge#It_doesn.27t_work_with_my_Wireless_card.21
for the details.

I suggest you first build a working bridge configuration with normal (wired) NICs. Then, add a WLAN
interface to the bridge and see what happens.

Also, if you want us to help, consider adding your bridge configuration and wifi configuration to
your message, after removing any "secrets" from the wifi configuration, if appropriate.

	Nicolas.