Re: Disable mac address learning

Hi,

Yes that's wat i thought but readingÂhttp://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/bridge#Showing_devices_in_a_bridgeÂtells me that if i set aging time to 0, it will makes all entry permanent.

The aging time is the number of seconds a MAC address will be
kept in the forwarding database after having received a packet
from this MAC address.
The entries in the forwarding database are periodically timed out
to ensure they won't stay around forever.
Normally there should be no need to modify this parameter,
but it can be changed with (time is in seconds).

# brctl setageing bridgename time

Setting ageing time to zero makes all entries permanent.

My bad i did not take time to test it.

Thanks for your answer i will try this!

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 16:46:34 -0500
Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn <bvanheu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to disable the mac address learning in linux using "brctl" or
> custom code so any packet sent to the bridge will be flooded in each
> interfaces.
>
> I would like to do something similar as OpenBSD:
> $ brconfig <bridge> -learn <iface>
> $ man brconfig
> Â Â Â-learn interface
> Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂMark interface so that the source address of packets received
> Â Â Â Â Â Â Âfrom interface are not entered into the address cache.
>
> I tried to search on google and on the mailing-list without success.

Just set ageing time to zero no need for special config option.

--
Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn

Google Talk/Jabber - bvanheu@xxxxxxxxx
http://vanheu.ca