Re: Transparent wired/wirless bridge: is it possible?

On 26/10/2010 14.36, Ryan Whelan wrote:
Have you looked at hostapd (http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/)?
Sorry,
I was not clear enough.

I have the wireless card up-and-running in ap-mode using hostapd.
I *can* connect a laptop to the wireless Access Point.
I also know how to setup a masquerading router on the linux machine to share the landline connection (e.g.: using firestarter).
This would create a second net for wireless with double natting.
I would like to avoid this and I'm looking for a "bridge" configuration so that all machines (wireless & wired) can share the same subnet (192.68.1.0/24).

I tried something like:
=====================
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto wlan2
iface wlan2 inet manual
    up /usr/sbin/service hostapd start
    up /sbin/ifconfig wlan2 up
    down /sbin/ifconfig wlan2 down
    down /usr/sbin/service hostapd stop

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual
    up /sbin/ifconfig eth2 up
    down /sbin/ifconfig eth2 down

auto br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
    bridge_ports eth2 wlan2
    bridge_maxwait 0
... but it does not seem to work as hoped.

Thanks in Advance for *ANY* hint ;)

Regards
Mauro