[Lf-announce] New Announcements & Updates for LinuxCon 2009 in Portland

LinuxCon  - The new technical conference for All Matters Linux
September 21-23, 2009
Portland Marriott Waterfront – Portland, OR
==================
Only Three Weeks Left!
==================
Register Here: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/component/registrationpro/?func=details&did=1

Additional discounts are available for LPC attendees, LF Individual
Members, and companies sending three or more people – email
angela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for details.

==================================
New Keynotes, Special Events and Sponsors!
==================================
>New Keynote Panel – Beyond the Hype: The True Cost of Linux and Open Source
Panelists: David Buckholtz of Sony Pictures Entertainment, Anthony
Roby of Accenture, Noah Broadwater of Sesame Workshop. Moderated by
Matt Asay. Alfresco
http://linuxcon.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/1537

>New Roundtable Panel – Why Open Standards Matter to Linux
Panelists: Bob Sutor of IBM, Monica Kumar of Oracle and Dave
McAllister of Adobe Systems
http://linuxcon.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/1528

>Golden Penguin Bowl – We are proud to announce that the revered Golden Penguin Bowl will be at LinuxCon this year.  Hosted by Jeremy Allison of Google, the Geeks and Nerds will go head to head again this year, and we can’t wait to see who wins!

>Fake Linus Torvalds – On Monday, Sept 21 at LinuxCon, we will unveil the real Fake Linus Torvalds…this will be a hilarious, irreverent, not-to-be missed event!
Check out Jim Zemlin's blog on it:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2009/08/perils-linux-maturity-torvalds-fakes-emerge-twittersphere

>'Bowling for Penguins' Fundraiser - Raising money to protect the penguins of Antarctica from man-made threats and global warming via Defenders of Wildlife. Prizes for all winning bowling teams and over $1500 of raffle prizes courtesy of Think Geek and Prentice Hall.  More Info: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/social-activities

>New LinuxCon Sponsors Include: Dell, Black Duck, Wind River and SoftLayer Technologies - http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/sponsors

If you are attending any Linux or Open Source event this year, we
promise that LinuxCon is the one you don’t want to miss.  Only three
weeks left to register – we look forward to seeing you there.

Full LinuxCon Schedule: http://linuxcon.linuxfoundation.org/meetings
Register: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/component/registrationpro/?func=details&did=1
Contact: events@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx