Re: VLANs and bridge

Simon Barber <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 22/08/2009 16:34:11:

> Hi Joakim,
>
> Look back a month or so in the archives - you'll find an email from me
> referencing a patch to make the bridge VLAN aware. It's a little old,
> and needs updating for 2.6 (it was written for 2.4) - but should not be
> much work to get it done. There is a matching patch for the brctl utility.
>
> Simon

Thanks Simon

Do you mean the "bridge vlan integration" patch?
It is not clear to me if this would support the case
described in B.1.3(802.1Q-2005), does it?

Seems like there is little interest to post this to 2.6 and
I am not sure how welcome this would be either, perhaps
the bridge maintainer could comment?

  Jocke