Re: bridge problem

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Paolo NOTARI <paolo_notari@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have these two card that I'm trying to use in a bridge :

nVidia Corporation MCP67 Ethernet (rev a2)
Davicom Semiconductor, Inc. 21x4x DEC-Tulip compatible 10/100 Ethernet (rev 31)

Bridge works if nvidia is the LAN side and Davicom on WAN side, but no way to get bridge working if nvidia is on LAN and Davicom on WAN -

I have no clue what you're talking about.  The bridge logic treats all ports exactly the same, except when it comes to spanning tree choosing one to shut down when it detects a link.  Beyond that, your "working" and "not working" don't seem to be different.

Are you sure you are using bridging, and not routing or NAT?

Driver for Davicom is dmfe; with driver Tulip interface isn't even added to bridge

Paolo