Re: /dev/tap on uClinux and bridging

  That is an interesting proposition.  I'll investigate.

  I don't know anything about libpcap, so I have a few questions for the expert <grin>.

   Will it handle all Etherent frames? As a bridge, that is what I need.
   Will it allow me to gracefully drop stuff on the floor? I'm assuming the Ethernet bridge code in the kernel will do that, I'm not sure of the effect in libpcap.

   I'm also assuming that I could not use IPchains if I do libpcap.  That might be worth a tradeoff.

   Finally, just for curiosity sake, what Major, Minor numbers should the /dev/tap entries be?  I have not yet had anyone be able to answer that question, and it puzzles me.

thanks,
Wade