RSTP problem after ifupdown

Hello,

I'm using RSTP which is working most of the time, but there is one problem I ran into when I tried to reconfigure the bridge interface.

I have a bridge br0 with an interface eth0.
both are up and running,
then I do :
# ifconfig br0 down
br0: port 1(eth0) entering disabled state
# ifconfig br0 up
#

The strange thing is that eth0 is still up but the stp link is not reactivated from disabled to learning.
When I unplug eth0 and replug it the link enters learning and forwarding stages as usual.
So I assume that the kernel deactivates the link without the knowledge of the bridge, and so for the bridge there is no need to reactivate it.

Is this a problem just with my config or can someone else confirm this behaviour?

Regards,
Bernhard Weirich