Re: how to get a list of ip adresses

?ukasz Mierzwa schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running kvm virtual machines with bridged networking with
> libvirtd, virtual guests are getting ip addresses from dhcp, listing
> interface information on kvm host gives me only bridge ip, there is no
> information about guests ip assigned by dhcpd to tap interfaces that
> are added to the bridge, is there any way to get this information from
> kvm host system where the bridge is created? I couldn't find any
> usable information on this subject, right now I need to check dhcp
> leases or login over vnc. Thanks for any help.
the bridging code is not responsible for tracking ip informations. you
really have to check your dhcp leases which is the clean way.
another trick is sending a broadcast ping to your client network and
looking at the arp table. but this is just a dirty way

Sebastian

> Lucas

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Wormser Straße 5 - 7, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565