Re: Using 2 Bridges Simultaneously for "Load Balancing"

That was my first thought, but one of the two NICs doesn't seem to
support that properly. I got the bond (without the bridge) up and
running, but the additional (cheap) NIC wasn't used at all (I monitored
the traffic via gkrellm). Pulling the plug out of the internal NIC
resulted in the total loss of connectivity. That's not supposed to
happen with a bond. I would have thought that the other NIC, in that
case the additional one, would still provide network connection, albeit
with reduced bandwidth.

Anyway, the proposal from Dietmar works perfectly now.