Help needed regarding bridge entered into disabled state!!!

Hi All,

I have setup which include communication b/w two boxes take a name as BOX A and BOX B. Inside BOX A, I am having one bridge interface name as br1. br1 has two interfaces one is eth0 and other one is ath0. eth0 is physically connected to BOX B. but we are issuing dhcp client on br1 and communicating with BOX B with br1 itself.

We are running one keep alive timer with 15 secs in BOX B to monitor BOX A. whenever BOX B found BOX A unreachable for keep alive time, it tries to reboot BOX A with the help of some internal implementation. This is all about my setup. If anybody has any doubt please let me know.

Now I am going to explain you my problem, We are destroying or disabling the port 2 of the bridge br1 and after that I am not able to reach to BOX A from any where for quite some time somewhere around 20 to 30 secs. So I just want to know is this the correct behavior. I mean if we disabled any port of the bridge, at that time bridge will not be reachable at all for quite some time. I have not enabled stp and i also set fd to 0. Then also i am facing this issue.

Please help me in this, I really required your help on this.

With Regards

Rahul Bhardwaj