Modifying All Packets passing through the bridge!

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on a Ethernet Link Encryptor (so its called). The concept is to have two Subnetworks connected together using two bridges and the middle lays the internet connection or another network. The bridge is meant for encryption. The ecryption module and ready and working ( independantly ) , if one bridge is set to crypto the other is supposed to turn on automatically.

In crypto mode you only accept packet modified by the other bridge the rest of the packets ( rest of the LANS/INTERNET) are supposed to be dropped. In order to acheive that , I have to modify all the packets passing through the bridge so the other bridge is able to recognise it.

I was modifying the packets in net/bridge/br_forward.c should_deliver() but on the other end I only received ARP packets as modified. Than I switched over to net/bridge/br_input.c br_handle_frame() but encountring the same problem. And in the kernel log only a few packets appear. ( dmesg , I'm printing a message )

I need to Modify all packets passing through the bridge ( in kernel ) . Any Ideas ?

Thanks,
Fahim Akhter