Re: 802.1q packets

> > > VLANs? >

> > > /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables >
> > >
> > > Your iptables need to know about VLAN's as well.
> > > I bet your default action is to DROP.
> > >
> > No, the default policy is ACCEPT for the FORWARD chain.
> > In any case the problem takes place only with large
> > packets. For example if I try
> >
> > ping -s 1472 192.168.99.74
> >
> > it works, but
> >
> > ping -s 1473 192.168.99.74
> >
> > it does not.
> > I am sure that the network cards are VLAN 802.1q aware
> > because only the forwarding process is broken. If
> > instead I just ping the IP of the bridge interface it
> works fine.
>

> Are the other nodes directly connected to the netfilter
> bridge, or are there ethernet switches involved?   Are
> these switches managed, smart, or dumb? Are jumbo frames
> enabled on all devices in the path?

One host is directly connected with a cross cable to the
bridge and the other one with an unmanaged switch that works
fine because if I issue the command

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables

to disable the Netfilter action for the bridge there is no
problem for the large packets on VLAN.