Re: How to determine where bridged packets originally come from ?

I was doing something similar with libpcap and hit the same problem.

My initial fix was to query the bridge forwarding table for each
incoming packet on the basis that the src mac will have been learnt
and the forwarding table updated.  To keep things vaguely efficient I
cached the forwarding table and only queried it when the src mac
wasn't found.

Later I opened multiple pcap sessions, one for each ethernet interface
in the bridge and used a select statement to monitor them all.

Dylan