Re: bridge problem when one interface is in blocking mode

Hi Stephen,

Here is the detail
kernel version: 2.6.14
architecture: PPC
ehternet: from the processor mpc5200b
wifi manufactor: Netgate 5004 MP, Atheros chipset
wifi driver: madwifi 0.91
WDS on wifi: enabled.

I guess it's an issue combined by ethernet driver/wifi
driver and bridge. Is there anything you suspect that
I can check?

I believe the 2 actions: updating forwarding database
when a stp package is received and delivering the
package based on the forwarding database, are correct.
I must miss something. For example, STP detection set
an interface as blocking and remove it from the
forwarding database? It's just my wild guess.

By the way, I found Bartek reported the same issue on
2.6.11.12 and 2.6.13.2. Here is the link:
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bridge/2005-October/004710.html
He has 3 ethernet nic for each machine and his fix is
to update the forwarding database only when the port
is in learning or forwarding state.

Regards,

Dengyi

--- Stephen Hemminger