Re: VLAN header accounting for packets leaving bridge

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
This might break VLAN transparent bridging (ie. when eth0 is bridged to eth1
and the bridge doesn't know or care about vlan's). There is also the case
where packet comes in over VLAN and goes out without tag.
I was definitely worried about the first case you mentioned. However, the nf_bridge_copy_header function does the same skb_push taking into account the 8021Q header size, if it's called.

In light of the cases you mentioned above, would it be best to just alter the data pointer in the ebtables module to take into account the new vlan header? I hesitate to do this because doing so could affect other rules run after the modification, if any.

Cam