Re: linux bridge does not bridge bpdu packets

> Roman Glebov wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> i have here transparent linux based bridge.
>>
>> The problem is : all stp packets which come to one side of the Bridge
>> are
>> not forwarded to the other side. Which distrubs stp when this device is
>> put inbetween of two stp capable devices.
>> It forwards all traffik through it.
>> Normal udp/tcp traffik is forwarded.
>>
>> I switched stp on it "off" so it does not participate in Spanning tree
>> communications.
>>
>> It is a very simple setup :
>> br0 with eth0 and eht1 as ports. without any additional firewall rules.
>>

>> I am using 2.6.18-4-686 debian kernel(testing).
>>
>> i even did setfd br0 0.
>>

>> What am i doing wrong ?
>>
>> Do i need to use ebtables to explicitely forward the traffic?
>>
> Turn on STP in the bridge, it will then receive process and send it's
> own STP BPDU's.

this makes my "stealth" bridge not stealphy anymore!
because you can see in bptu packets its mac.

That is what i want to prevent.
I want it to be completely transparent and not seen in the network traffic.

So should i patch the kernel for it ?

Roman Glebov