Bridge Problem: Ping works, nothing else does...

Title: Bridge Problem: Ping works, nothing else does...

Hi,
I'm a newbie to linux to an extent but have a need to set up a linux bridge to do some paclet loss testing using netem.  I have a PC with two NIC cards and Fedora 6.  I have created the bridge using the following commands

#brctl addbr mybridge
#brctl addif mybridge eth0
#brctl addif mybridge eth1
#brctl mybridge up

Physically I have two IP devices with static IP addresses connected to the two NIC cards via cross over cables.  I have tested the NIC cards in a non bridged mode and they work fine as normal NICs.  In bridged mode I can ping the other IP device.  The IP devices are actually realtime audio over IP codec devices and they stream using RTP on UDP port 5000.  If I connect the cross over cable directly between the two codec devices the audio is transferred fine, if I put the linux bridge between them I get nothing but I can still ping…..

A brctl showstp shows the eth0 and eth1 are in forwarding status but nothing is happenig.  Can anyone help.  Both Eth1 and 0 are set to Ip address of 0.0.0.0

Thanks

Regards
David Bainbridge