[Bridge] Link fail over - bridge slow learning !?!

Hello,

I'm playing with dual-port NIC driver level link failover:
* Driver exposes single network interface to the OS and operates both
ports in active-passive failover mode.
* Upon Link down event on active port, driver switches active and
passive ports transparently for the OS.

I'm testing the driver using Linux bridge module: "failover" dual-port
NIC connected with two cables back-to-back to eth0 and eth1 which are
part of br0 bridge.

I simulate link fail with following scenario:
* At t0 both eth0 and eth1 port links are UP, traffic is accepted by
eth0 and forwarded to br0
* At t1 I manually unplug eth0 cable, causing link to go down.
"Failover" driver switches the traffic immediately from eth0 to eth1,
while using the same MAC address.
* From t1 till t1+12 secs packets are accepted by eth1 but dropped by
bridge and not forwarded to br0.
* At t1+12 secs bridge starts forwarding packets from eth1 to br0

Hmm... I would expect that eth0 link down event would flush from
bridge's table any MAC address associated with the port and that the
bridge would start forwarding packets from eth1 to br0 immediately.

Why does it take ~12 secs for bridge to learn that MAC address moved
from eth0 to eth1 in the described scenario?

Thank you for your help,
   Alexander Indenbaum