From: bridge-bounces at lists.osdl.org
[mailto:bridge-bounces at lists.osdl.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Hemminger
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:25 AM
To: Labhesh Popli
Cc: bridge at lists.osdl.org
Subject: Re: [Bridge] how do i bridge eth0 with eth1 by bridging?

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 06:25:39 +0100 (BST) Labhesh Popli
<labhesh_popli at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> hi,
>
>   i have my wireless LAN card connected in USB port of linux machine
> at eth1,
>
>   and another wireless LAN card connected to USB port of windows
machine.

>   the LAN card of windows has been plugged out. now, i want to access
> the
>
>   internet sites on windows machine through the wireless LAN b/w the 2
>
>   machines.
>
>   I have successfully made a bridge b/w eth0 and eth1 of my linux
> machine using
>
>   the "brctl" etc commands,
>
>   entered the ip adress of WLAN of linux machine in internet
explorer/tools/internet options/connections/LAN settings/proxy server of
windows machine.

If you read the FAQ on http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/bridge
you will see that bridging to wireless is going to work because Linux
bridging doesn't support NDS.  The problem isn't just in the bridge
code, it would require more extensive work to the wireless drivers as
well.