[Bridge] Bridge-MIB and 802.1d linux bridge

Hello folks,

Is it possible to gather snmp statistics from a linux bridge using the
Bridge-MIB [rfc 1493 or rfc 4188]?

The difference between the two rfc's, I think, is the latter's ability
to support SMIv2 syntax. I have started with extracting the MIB from
the rfc's and generating dot1dbridge.c and .h files using mib2c.
Then i realized that the .c and .h files so generated are just
templates and that I need to edit them to
add semantics [ie. how should the agent collect the statistics from
the bridge/kernel. code?]

So, to expand the original question, if the linux bridge code does
support collection of snmp stats, where do I start to learn more about
it[I would like to enable Bridge-MIB support in the snmp agent]?

Skept