[Bridge] Bridge question

Stephen,
  Since your trick is using 2 (even 4) priority bits, do you think it could
cause some cmpatibility issue with other STP implementation which still uses
these bits? (it seems to me that port priority is local significant. maybe
we can use all 8 bits for port ID, can't we?)
  If we take other approaches, like create more than one bridges on one
Linux box, I am not sure if it is feasible, since I saw all bridges created
on the box have the same bridge ID.
  Thanks!