[Bridge] how to install

> Hi Im new to Linux and I found out about http://bridge.sf.net from a magazine that I subscribe to. It explains everything about setting it up bridges, but not how to install the package from the site. I ran ./configure, which went fine, and I tried to run ./install-sh, but it keeps asking for a destination. Currently Im running FC3 and I know the kernel is 2.6 or highter on FC3 so shouldn't the patch be added by default? Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Clark

In almost all new distro's the bridging is already compiled in the
kernel and the utilities are available in the package management system
as bridge-utils.  This is true for Redhat based distro's like Fedora as
well as SuSe, Debian and Gentoo. So you should be able to setup
a bridge with the brctl command without any additional special effort.

Also, the 2.6 distributions like Fedora have the Ethernet Bridge
tables (ebtables) for firewall support as well.