[Bridge] Help: bridging eth0 and wlan0?

Hello all,

I'm trying to bridge the wlan0 and eth0 on an embedded
system. I used the following commands to setup the
bridge:

ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 promiscuous
ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0 promiscuous
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 wlan0
brctl sethello br0 1
brctl setmaxage br0 4
brctl setfd br0 4
ifconfig br0 up

The eth0 is connected to a local network, and wlan0 is
set to Ad-hoc mode with proper SSID. After the bridge
is stablized, I use dhclient to assign an IP for br0.
Then I use a laptop to connect to the bridge. I could
ping the bridge (br0), however I could not access the
local network through the bridge. I'm confused by
this. It worked well with 2 ethernet ports. I wonder
if there is any additional configurations need to be
set. Does anyone have any idea on this? Thanks.

Best regards,
Zhou Ping.