[Bridge] Bridge basic doubt

Hi,

I am very new to linux, sorry if my doubt is not valid, or i m asking some nonsense question..

Actually i want to use Linux as bridge. My setup is :

Setup 1) i have two bridge (dlink) with 1 port connected to 1-1 windows PCs.I have configured  ip addresses of both PC to same subnet.Now both the Pc are in same subnet and two bridges which are connected, so both r pinging to each other.

Setup 2) Instead of two bridges i want to use Linux PC with 2 interfaces. So i made one bridge using brctl command and added one interface to that bridge and made it up similarly for another interface. So now i have one Pc connected to one bridge and another connected to another bridge. Pc ip addresses are same , the problem is now they are not pinging to each other. why? I can make one bridge and add both the interfaces but i want to use two bridges so i made two, but it shouldn't change the behaviour.

i m planning to do my project in Linux so it'll really help me understand the basic difference, so pls let me know wht is wrong.

thanks
Patt